Cost $50.00 per person (includes one or two handguns)
Click here to view our Training and Event Calendar to see when the next class is.
The Bridgeport Shooting Range has established a range qualification program for retired officers. On an on-going basis, during scheduled dates and times (requires pre-registration), BSR Staff who are CT-POST Certified Firearms Instructors, will conduct the qualification course of fire as published (60 rounds - 6 point/round required).
All times and score requirements shall be adhered to as published. A minimum score of 240 out of 200 points is required. Upon successful completion of the course of fire, an ID card will be issued and is valid for one year from date of issue.
Retired officers will be charged $50.00 for one or two firearms during the same visit. If you qualify on a semi-automatic, your qualification is good for any semi-automatic.
If you qualify on a revolver, your qualification is good for any revolver. If you wish to qualify with both a semi-automatic and a revolver, bring one of each handgun. If you wish to qualify on one firearm, a semi-automatic or revolver, just bring that one firearm.
These fees are due regardless of the outcome of the qualification. All fees will be collected prior to qualification firing. Should a retiree fail to qualify on the first attempt, that individual will be allowed a second attempt with the same firearm, during that range visit, at no additional charge, unless prevented from doing so by extenuating circumstances.
Each retiree will be REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
**A limited # of eye and hearing protectors are available for loan
- A valid CT pistol permit issued by CT DPS
- A current retired photo ID issued by your former department
- A safe, functional handgun with a suitable holster - (no cross-draw; shoulder or ankle holster)
- A minimum of 60 rounds of FACTORY ammunition (no reloads) per firearm
- Reloading devices, if desired, for revolvers. Additional magazines required for semi-automatics
- Safety equipment: Wrap-around eye protection, hearing protection and a baseball type of hat**
To ensure a seat in the class, you must pre-register.
There are 2 ways to register:
- Come to the range and leave a deposit,
- Call the range and leave a deposit over the phone