Armed Security Officer (Blue Card)
Click here to view our Training and Event Calendar to see when the next class is.
Security personnel, uniformed or not, working with a firearm in the course of their assigned duties, must posses a “Class 1” endorsement on their state permit.
Students must qualify with the firearm they will be working with for the job.
*Please Note: As of October 1, 2004, it will be a prerequisite that all Armed Security Officers will need to qualify on a yearly basis with the firearm that they will be using in the capacity of their employment position. Documentation of this training must be supplied to the Special Licensing & Firearms Unit.
Course content includes:
- Understanding CT Firearm law relative to the use of force in self-defense;
- Legal justification for the use of force;
- Alternatives to the use of deadly force;
- Re-certification is required on an annual basis and the material covered is required by the state
- Course fees include targets and safety equipment as well classroom handouts and materials
- Ammo is NOT included
- You will need 50rds to qualify with the firearm you will be using on the job
- If you would like to add an additional firearm/s, each firearm will be an additional $25
If your employer is planning on paying for the certification for you please contact us before the date of the class.
To ensure a seat in the class, you must pre-register.
There are 2 ways to register:
- Come to the range and leave a deposit,
- Call the range and leave a deposit over the phone