Mastering the Fundamentals of Shooting
Click here to view our Training and Event Calendar to see when the next class is.
This course is usually taken after receiving your certificate from the NRA Basic Pistol Safety Course or the person who has been shooting for a while and would like to improve their shooting. In this course you will learn more about the fundamentals of shooting. You will learn how to stop anticipation of the recoil, how to stop squeezing the entire firearm when doing trigger control. This course will make you a better marksman through learning that the firearm is just a tool, like a hammer is to a carpenter.
This is a 3 to 4 hour course - you must have a valid Pistol Permit from any state or have gone through a NRA Pistol Safety course to take this course.
- Range Protocol
- Sight Alignment
- Breath Control
- Trigger Control
- Follow Through
- Shooting with Support Hand
- How to properly load and unload a semi auto
- How to properly load and unload a revolver
- Malfunctions of Ammunition
- Failure to Fire and Failure to Feed
- Pistol or Revolver
- Speedloaders (but not required)
- 200 rounds
To ensure a seat in the class, you must pre-register.
There are 2 ways to register:
- Come to the range and leave a deposit,
- Call the range and leave a deposit over the phone